As someone who enjoys camping, tailgating, and spending time outdoors, I have always been fascinated by portable generators. With the abundance of available options in the market, it can be quite tough to make a purchase decision. Two brands that come to mind when talking about portable generators are Yamaha and Honda. Both brands are well-known for their products’ quality and reliability. In this blog post, I will compare and contrast Yamaha and Honda 2000 watt generators to help you decide which one to choose.
Design and Features:
Yamaha 2000 watt generator comes with a sleek and modern design. It weighs around 44 pounds and has a noise level of 51.5 decibels. The generator’s control panel is conveniently located, making it easy to access and operate. Yamaha has included a smart throttle feature, which adjusts the engine speed based on the load being used. Additionally, it has an oil watch warning system that will shut down the engine automatically when the oil level is low. The generator is equipped with a 1.1-gallon fuel tank, which is quite efficient and can run up to 10.5 hours at a quarter load.
Honda, on the other hand, has gone for a more conventional design approach. It is also compact, which makes it easy to carry around; it weighs around 46 pounds. The generator operates at a noise level of 59 decibels, which is slightly louder than Yamaha. The control panel is simple to use and accessible like Yamaha’s, and Honda has included the Eco Throttle feature, which allows it to adjust engine speed based on the load being used. Like Yamaha, it also has an oil alert system that shuts down the engine automatically when the oil level is low. The generator has a 1.1-gallon fuel tank, which can run up to 8.1 hours at a quarter load.
Performance and Power Output:
When it comes to power output, both Yamaha and Honda 2000 watt generators are good performers. Yamaha’s generator delivers an impressive 2000 watts of maximum power, with a rated output of 1600 watts. Its inverter technology ensures stability with power output and reduces harmonic distortion to less than 2.5%. Honda’s 2000 watt generator delivers a maximum power output of 2200 watts, with a rated output of 1800 watts. Like Yamaha, it uses inverter technology for clean power output and reduced harmonic distortion to less than 3%.
One of the significant factors to consider while choosing a portable generator for outdoor activities is the noise level. Yamaha’s 2000 watt generator operates at a noise level of 51.5 decibels, which is relatively quiet. Honda’s generator produces slightly more noise at 59 decibels. However, both generators are quiet compared to other portable generator models in the market.
Fuel Efficiency and Tank Size:
Yamaha’s 2000 watt generator has a 1.1-gallon fuel tank, which provides up to 10.5 hours of runtime at a quarter load. Honda’s generator has a slightly smaller fuel tank of 1.0 gallons, providing up to 8.1 hours of runtime at a quarter load. Despite the size difference, both generators are fuel-efficient and can last for an extended period on a single tank of fuel.
Price and Warranty:
When it comes to price, both Yamaha and Honda’s 2000 watt generators are in the premium range. Yamaha’s generator is slightly more expensive than Honda’s, but the price difference is not so significant. Yamaha offers a three-year warranty for its generator, while Honda offers a two-year warranty. Both warranties cover the generator’s parts and labor.
After comparing Yamaha and Honda 2000 watt portable generators, it’s clear that both brands are excellent choices for outdoor activities. Yamaha is slightly more efficient and quieter, while Honda produces slightly more power. Both generators have similar features and designs, making them equally reliable and user-friendly. Ultimately, your choice will depend on your specific needs and preferences. If you want a quiet and fuel-efficient generator, go for Yamaha. If you need more power output at a slightly lower price, Honda is the way to go. Regardless of which generator you choose, you’ll be getting a quality product that will last for years to come.
List of 10 yamaha vs honda 2000 watt generator
- SPEED UP YOUR RECHARGEABILITY: It takes only 2 hours to recharge 80% battery of the power station through the wall outlet and 60W PD USB-C port simultaneously. You can also recharge your power station with an AC adapator when at home, through the car outlet during a road trip or simply use a Jackery SolarSaga 100.
- SAFE & STEADY POWER SUPPLY: Armed with a 293Wh lithium-ion battery pack, the Explorer 300 features 2 Pure Sine Wave AC outlets that deliver stable and safe 300W power. The portable power station weighs only 7.1 pounds. You can simply rest assured in outdoor off-grid activities.
- POWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS: Featuring 2* AC outlet, 1* PD 60W USB-C port (input/output supported) , 1* fast charge 3.0 port, 1*USB-A port and 1* DC car port, the power station can recharge itself and charge (up to) 6 devices (e.g.Drones, Macbook, Cameras, etc.) at the same time to satisfy your outdoor needs.
- GREEN POWER SUPPLY: The power station is compatible with the Jackery SolarSaga 100 solar panel. The integrated MPPT controller enables the solar generator set to operate at its max power point, so that it speeds up the battery recharge, making them ideal portable power kits for tent camping, overland journey and etc.
- WHAT YOU GET: 1* Jackery Explorer 300 Portable Power Station , 1*AC adapter, 1* car charger cable, 1* user guide
- [Tiny but Mighty] - With a 600W AC inverter, 268Wh LiFePO4 battery pack, and 9 outlets, this power station will keep your essential devices powered on the go or during a home power outage.
- [Ultra-fast Charging] - No bulky power brick, a single cable is good to charge it at most 350W; you also can use the PV+AC together for 80% SOC in just 30 min.
- [Harness the Power of Sun] - The built-in MPPT controller supports up to 200W of solar input, enabling you to make an ideal solar generator with BLUETTI PV120/PV200 solar panel.
- [Reliable UPS] - EB3A instantly provides backup power when the grid fails, protecting your desktop PC, file servers, and other sensitive devices from data loss or damage.
- [What You Get] - BLUETTI EB3A portable power station, AC charging cable, solar charging cable, user manual, 24-month warranty, and friendly customer service.
- 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 8500 Running Watts, 11200 Peak Watts (Propane); Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 12 Hours of Run Time on a 6. 6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two GFCI 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacle, One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R, and One RV Ready 120/240V 14–50R; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers for Added Safety
- Powered by a Heavy Duty 457cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine Featuring a Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve With Automatic Low Oil Shutdown and Digital Hour Meter. VFT display gives you real time updates with the voltage output, frequency, and lifetime hours
- Plug-and-Play: Comes With a Remote Start Key Fob, 12V Battery Charger, Oil, an Oil Funnel, a Tool Kit, and a User’s Manual to Get You Started Right Out of the Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators are Functionally Tested in the Factory and May Contain Minimum Residual Oil and/or Fuel Odor; EPA and CARB Compliant; Backed by 3-Year Limited Service, Labor, and Parts Coverage with Nationwide Customer Service Network
- Ultralight body weighs in at a mere 39 pounds for easy transport and storage
- Extremely quiet operation comparable to the sound of a normal conversation according to the US Department of Health and Human Services
- Produces 2350 surge watts and 1900 rated watts of clean power for safe charging of sensitive electronics (phones, tablets, televisions, computers, etc.)
- Fuel shutoff maximizes the generator’s lifespan by using up the remaining fuel in the carburetor before shutting down
- Includes two three-prong 120V receptacles, one 12V DC receptacle, two 5V USB ports, and a two-year warranty
- Dimensions: 23.2" L x 18" W x 20.1" H | Weight: 99.2 lb.Dimensions: 23.2" L x 18" W x 20.1" H | Weight: 99.2 lb
- Extremely quiet operation minimizes noise;, EPA III and CARB Compliant
- 212cc 4-stroke OHV engine produces 3800 surge watts and 3400 rated watts with a half-load runtime of up to 8.5 hours
- Fuel shutoff maximizes the generator’s lifespan by using up the remaining fuel in the carburetor before shutting down
- Produces clean power to prevent damage to sensitive electronics such as smart phones, tablets and laptops
- MORE POWER. SAME LEGENDARY QUALITY. - The EU2200i delivers 10% more power than the previous EU2000i - enabling you to power more of what you need, in the same lightweight, compact package. The EU2200i gives you the power to get more done.
- CO-MINDER - Advanced Carbon Monoxide Detection System. CO-MINDER continuously monitors carbon monoxide (CO) levels. It automatically shuts down the generator before detected CO levels near the generator become dangerously high.
- HONDA MY GENERATOR APP + BLUETOOTH CAPABILITY - Honda's exclusive My Generator smartphone app offers remote generator operation and monitoring with impressive performance. The app includes wireless start/stop, operation monitoring.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND COMPACT - Weighing just over 47 pounds, the EU2200i is incredibly lightweight and portable. Thanks to Honda's inverter technology, it's easy to transport and store.
- COMMERCIAL GRADE RELIABILITY - The EU2200i is powered by the Honda GXR120 Commercial Series engine. At 121cc, the GXR120 is at the top of its class - ensuring the EU2200 always produces the power you need to get the job done.
- POWERFUL DUROMAX ENGINE: The XP13000EH is powered by a 500cc OHV Duromax Engine. Engine Speed-3600 RPM. Wheel Diameter-10-Inches .With Gasoline : Peak Wattage - 13,000., Running Wattage - 10,500., Running Amperage at 120V - 87.5., Running Amperage at 240V - 43.75., Runtime at 25% Load - 17., Runtime at 50% Load - 8With Propane : Peak Wattage - 12,350., Running Wattage - 9,975., Running Amperage at 120V - 83.13., Running Amperage at 240V - 41.56., Runtime at 25% Load - 13., Runtime at 50% Load - 6Please read the detailed safety instructions in the manual before operating.
- DUAL FUEL TECHNOLOGY: The ability to run on Propane or Gasoline allows the Freedom and Flexibility of Fuel Choice.
- PLENTY OF POWER: With 13,000 starting watts and 10,500 watts, this unit can handle heavy loads from lights, refrigerators, home conditioners and high amperage power tools.
- MAXIMUM POWER: The power panel includes a wide selection of outlets for maximum compatibility in your applications including: 1 120/240V 50A heavy duty outlet, 1 120/240V 30A twist lock outlet, 1 120V 30A twist lock outlet, and 2 120V 20A household outlets.
- POWERING EVERYONE ANYWHERE: Like all DuroMax generators, the XP13000EH is EPA and CARB approved for use in all 50 states.
- Produces 2,000 starting watts with 1,600 running watts of clean and safe power for sensitive electronics such as phones, televisions, laptops, and other electronics
- Complete with A-iPower’s “Low idle” technology for an extended run time of 4 hours at 100% load and 7 hours at 50% load
- Equipped with a low oil alert light and low oil automatic shutdown, helping keep your generator performing year after year
- Powerful 80cc OHV 4-Stroke engine provides an abundant power supply yet runs at a super quiet operation of only 52 decibels
- Light weight and compact at only 46 pounds, making your tailgate or camping experience as smooth as possible
- All-new control center with a digital multimeter, push-button start, and a front-facing fuel interface allowing you to change your fuel type in seconds! The digital multimeter displays voltage, frequency, total hours run, and hours until the recommended maintenance
- This generator runs on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice
- Equipped with DuroMax “CO Alert Technology” that will automatically shut down the generator if an unsafe level of carbon monoxide is detected
- Built using a powerful 500cc OHV DuroMax engine and features ALL COPPER WINDINGS designed to make your generator last for years
- The fully loaded power panel includes four 120V GFCI household outlets, one 120V 30AMP outlet, one 120/240V 30AMP twist-lock outlet, and a heavy-duty 120/240V 50AMP outlet making it transfer switch ready!
- [3 x AC OUTLETS AND 720Wh CAPACITY]: The RIVER Pro as a generator can power up to 10 devices simultaneously with multiple outlet options, including 3 pure sine wave AC outlets. Note that the total rated wattage of the AC outlets should be under 600W (surge 1200W). It offers up to 720Wh power and it weighs just 15.9lbs, which makes it a portable power station for adventure on the go.
- [RECHARGE FROM 0-80% WITHIN 1 HOUR]: The patented EcoFlow X-Stream technology enables you to charge the RIVER Pro from 0%-80% within one hour and offers a full charge in just 1.6 hours.
- [POWER A WIDE RANGE OF APPLIANCES]: With a built-in 600W inverter, the RIVER Pro can power some devices up to 1800W with the X-Boost mode on, which lets you power about 80% of essential devices like kitchen appliances and DIY tools. Please conduct full test on a case-by-case basis to see if the X-Boost feature can work with your appliances. Use devices below 1200W for the best product use.
- [DOUBLE CAPACITY FROM 720Wh to 1440Wh]: Add a RIVER Pro Extra Battery to double the capacity from 720Wh to 1440Wh. This is ideal for situations like traveling, camping, or group outdoor activities where you need more power for more devices. RIVER Pro Extra Battery is sold separately.
- [24-MONTH PRODUCT GUARANTEE]: The RIVER Pro portable power station comes with a 24-month product guarantee, and EcoFlow offers a 24x7 specialist customer service. In the box: 1x RIVER Pro, 1x AC Charging Cable, 1x Car Charging Cable, 1x DC5521-DC5525 Cable, 1x RIVER Pro User Manual, 1x RIVER Pro GUARANTEE Card.
People also ask
Q: What is the difference between Yamaha and Honda 2000 watt generators?
A: Yamaha and Honda are both known for producing high-quality generators, but there are a few key differences between them. Yamaha generators tend to be quieter and more fuel-efficient, while Honda generators typically have a longer runtime and are more durable.
Q: How long can a Yamaha or Honda 2000 watt generator run on a full tank of gas?
A: The runtime of a Yamaha or Honda 2000 watt generator depends on the load and the size of the fuel tank. However, on average, a fully tanked Yamaha generator can run for about 10-12 hours, while a Honda generator can run for about 8-10 hours.
Q: How noisy are Yamaha and Honda 2000 watt generators?
A: Yamaha generators are known to be very quiet, operating at around 51 decibels. Honda generators are slightly louder, operating at around 59 decibels. Both generators produce similar noise levels to normal conversation or background music.
Q: Which generator is more dependable, Yamaha or Honda 2000 watt generator?
A: Both Yamaha and Honda generators are known for their dependability and durability. However, Honda generators have a reputation for being more reliable in certain extreme conditions, such as high altitude or extreme weather.
Q: Can a Yamaha or Honda 2000 watt generator power sensitive electronics?
A: Yes, both Yamaha and Honda 2000 watt generators are designed to be safe for sensitive electronics, such as laptops and TVs. They both produce clean power with low distortion, which is crucial for these types of devices.
Q: What is the price difference between Yamaha and Honda 2000 watt generators?
A: The price of a Yamaha or Honda 2000 watt generator can vary depending on the model and where you purchase it. However, in general, Yamaha generators tend to be slightly more expensive than Honda generators.