Will You Benefit?
Find out if you will receive any exemption benefit from the proposed 3rd Homestead Exemption (Additional $25,000) on the ballot for the November 6, 2018 General Election.
Understanding the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Homestead Exemption
Choose your County:
Brought to you by your participating Florida County Property Appraisers
- The Additional Homestead Exemption (Amendment 1) failed to receive at least 60% of the vote in the Nov. 6, 2018 General Election. Therefore, homestead exemption will remain at a maximum of $50,000.
- All calculations are based on 2018 preliminary assessment roll data and 2017 final millage rates.
- Recent purchases in 2018 may show $0 benefit as a new homestead application may not yet be reflected at this address.
- Assessed value must exceed $100,000 to receive any benefit from the 3rd Homestead Exemption.
- Full (100%) benefit from the 3rd Homestead Exemption is not received unless your property's Assessed Value is greater than or equal to $125,000.
- Estimates assume no partial homesteads. Homestead percentages less than 100% would result in a lower estimate.
- If passed, this exemption would take effect January 1, 2019 for the 2019 tax year.